Monday, October 26, 2015

Breadcrumbs and tea

Sparrow along the way. Photo by me.
https://instagram.com/p/yw9n7-G_wW/


For his eye is on the sparrow
and I know he's watching me...
- Page CVXI 


Even in the midst of great adventures, there is fear. It whispers than it shouts, trying to drown out love, joy, peace, gratitude, and most importantly the voice of our Lord. When such fear rages, hurling its anxious lies, I often quell it by reading and meditating:

Therefore, I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? For consider the birds of the air: they neither so nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? - Matthew 6:25-26, ESV version

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father's care. - Matthew 10:29, NIV version

Couple years ago, I was reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp during which time I was relaxing outside by a little coffeeshop.  I happened to look down and noticed some sparrows eating breadcrumbs. I marveled at how they found something to eat. Just some breadcrumbs, yet it was enough. Our Father knew what they needed.  If he cares for some sparrows, than I know he's watching me. 

And what of tea? Well, don't toast and tea compliment each other splendidly? I also like how it gives the blog name a little something extra. And I love tea. So there you have it.

This blog is intended to be a place to document the gifts and adventures great and small, of one life shared by a man and wife, and all the places that God leads them.

No comments:

Post a Comment